Hi! My name is Jessica Ivey.
I live in Birmingham, Alabama with my husband, Nathan, and our dog, Joey, where you’ll probably find me in the kitchen or somewhere outside taking a walk. I love farmers markets, ice cream, sparkling water and married life (Nathan – you’re my favorite). It’s my passion to serve busy, frazzled people who want to live healthy lives but struggle to find the time for healthy habits. I offer simple solutions, from fast recipes to meal prep guides and ways to actually enjoy being physically active.
Some of my sweetest childhood memories involve picking, cleaning and cooking fresh vegetables from my grandparents’ garden with my Mammie in Macon, Georgia. She had a way of telling you, “I love you,” every time you ate one of her home cooked meals, and those visits instilled in me a love of food that extends far beyond the food itself. Several years ago a friend asked me to be a part of a Turkish supper club in Birmingham, and as I sat around a table each month with people from all different walks of life eating Turkish food in the epicenter of the South, I learned that food creates connections between people across all kind of barriers and nourishes both body and soul.
As a Registered Dietitian and Chef, I have cooked seafood at a fine dining restaurant on Kiawah Island, tested recipes for Southern Living and Cooking Light cookbooks, worked on a meal planning app to help solve everyday dinner dilemmas, and counseled clients regarding healthy eating and lifestyle goals. Along the way I’ve hosted over one hundred live television cooking segments and have developed hundreds of original recipes.
Education and Credentials:
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health Nutrition from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 1200-hour Dietetic Internship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- RDN: Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Academy of Nutrition Dietetics
- LDN: Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist, Alabama State Board of Examiners for Dietetics/Nutrition Practice
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts from Johnson and Wales University